Is it okay to tell the preferred company that you have received other job offers?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have recently applied to Company A. I have gone through the 1st and 2nd interview and everything seems to be going well. In the 2nd interview, the senior manager told me that HR would get back to me in a week. After a week, I haven't received any news, so I sent HR and the Senior Manager a follow up email asking for the status of my application. HR replied approximately 30 mins after I sent the email saying that they would email me the status of my application next week (meaning this week) by the latest and should I need any further information during the time, I can contact her.

Since my second interview with Company A, I kept applying for other jobs. I got 2 interviews with Company B and Company C and they both have offered me a job. I told them I will get back to them in a week because I need to consider the relocation, benefits, etc..

It's already Thursday and I haven't heard from the Company A. I emailed HR and asked about the status of my application this morning She hasn't replied.

Is it bad if I send another email to the Company A that would read something like this?

Dear Hiring Manager,

I was very excited about the Designer position after talking with Mr. Senior Manager the other day. It seems like a great fit for both of us and I am eager to join your team!

However, I have received other job offers which are competitive and I am considering them.

I would rather work for your company; can you tell me what the status regarding my application?

Am I a serious candidate for the position?

(If so) Is there a way to move the hiring process along?

I am happy to talk with you again this week (or sooner) if that would help.

Thanks for your consideration! I look forward to talking with you again soon!

Is it too cocky? Because you see, I am in a really tight time frame at the moment and I don't want to end up losing all offers the offers on the table.

Any suggestions?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

offers on the table.

However, it can force a decision either way, so be prepared for a rejection or even more delays. Do not jeopardize the offers you have if one is not forthcoming from your preferred employer. Take it before it expires and you end up with NO job!

You should also consider, if they are slow in the recruitment process, what else could they be difficult in other areas. What could they be like to work for?

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community