Lied about future MBA specialization in interview

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

So the institute where I enrolled for a management program wanted us to select 4 electives for 4th semester after the end of 2nd semester and during that time I was in dilemma whether to do marketing or finance. We have 8 electives in total which are distributed equally among semester 4th and semester 5th

After the end of second semester I selected 4 marketing subjects and submitted it to college.

3rd semester is 3 months internship period which will be evaluated and has 1 semester equivalent of credits. Meaning it's very important with respect to final placements and grades.

I am now doing internship in finance and IT domain. During interview I lied that I have selected finance major and IT minor but in reality I have selected marketing subjects. I lied because I wanted this internship and I was already hitting deadline to secure an internship plus I really thought this is what I wanted to do.

I am pretty sure now that I want to take Finance major and marketing minor electives. But when I contacted college authorities about change of electives they said it's not permitted and you would be allowed to change only one elective. So now I can do 3 marketing subjects and 5 finance subjects.

My question is since the faculty will contact the HR to evaluate my internship at the company, there is a high chance that HR will get to know that I lied during interview. I am not sure what to do now. What's the best course of action now? Should I just pray it doesn't happen or go admit the mistake before they get to know from someone else?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I lied because I wanted this internship and I was already hitting deadline to secure an internship plus I really thought this is what I wanted to do.

there is a high chance that HR will get to know that I lied during interview. I am not sure what to do now. What's the best course of action now? Should I just pray it doesn't happen or go admit the href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/mistake">mistake before they get to know from someone else?

You lied and are now worried it will be caught.

Your best bet is to remain quiet and hope it is not caught, even though you think there is a high chance that it will be.

Meanwhile, you should prepare what you will say if it should be caught and brought to your attention.

At that point brutal honesty with HR may be best, along with the assurance that you have learned a lesson about lying and don't plan to repeat that href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/mistake">mistake.

At the same time, be prepared with what you will say to the faculty if your lie is uncovered, as a href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/way">way to avoid having your grades adversely affected.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community