Long break application got cut short after approval [closed]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Got seriously tired of work, and thinking I needed a break, so I asked my supervisor (which is also a co-founder) if it is possible to take a month-long break at the end of the year. It was a brief discussion, and he checked and said it is OK, so I submitted the formal leave application formally after that at the beginning of the month.

So it got approved, but then the HR decided the whole break would be unpaid, which I am fine with it. However with 7 days left over, I was instructed to clear them off before the break or risk losing them. So I went to talk again with my supervisor in case that would affect any project he has for me in mind.

Then just an hour ago, I was called in only to be told that they want me to revise leave application to shorten it to two weeks. I was asked to write to the director if I insist of taking the month-long leave (at this rate I don't care if it is paid, unpaid, or whatever). I really don't feel like telling them "I got burnt out from my job, and really couldn't contribute much until I get some rest in between because I have tried all the possible ways to improve the project but nothing happens.".

My original alternative plan if my supervisor said no during the first discussion was to tender a resignation, because it would be a waste of time for both of us. However, now that I am stuck in between, I would probably sound/look like a really selfish/self-centered person if I have to resign over this.

Should I try sending the letter to the director, and hope for the rest? What should I write? Or shall I just resign straight away?

Some relevant info, this is my second time working with my supervisor (and some of the co-workers, they are great). I got offered this job (it sounded interesting when I took the offer) when he knew I was having difficulty finding a job that I wanted. I really don't want to be the bad guy here.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

The leave was approved and you made plans. It is perfectly fine for you to expect that you can take it.

If you want to go the official route, just state that you already made a lot of plans and it would also affect other people if you cancel now. No need to tell them any private things. I also think it is really wrong you should write to the director. If you have a superior who is responsible for approving your leave requests, he should stand up for his decision, not you.

Of course the whole thing seems to only add to an already not-so-great work situation. It is certainly okay do decide, at any point, that this job is no longer the right one for you, an to hand in your resignation. You don´t have to ground it on the whole leave-incident.

If you have a good relationship with one of your superiors, you could try to have a honest talk with him, although this could just as well backfire. But still, the worst thing that could happen is you loose your job, which you where thinking about anyways.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community