How to properly request a transfer to another country when I already have a work visa?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I work in a multi-national IT service company. I have recently acquired a permanent resident visa for Canada. I have six months to land in Canada. I am really happy with my company and would love to continue working with it in Canada as it has offices there.

Now here is my situation: I asked my own supervisor for guidance to find a project in this regard, but she seems reluctant to help me.

A friend of mine who works in HR, told me that there are multiple openings in Canada. He got me in touch with one of the HRs in Canada. I have given him my profile details and resume, but he doesn't seem to be interested. When I dropped him a follow-up e-mail after a fortnight, he responded saying he had accidentally deleted the resume and asked me to re-send.

I am trying to connect with my own HR manager, but he always responds with "I am busy", "In a meeting" etc.

I get the vibe that eventhough there are multiple openings in my domain, the people from HR are just not interested!

If nothing works out I would have to submit my resignation as my company has a three month notice period and I don't want my visa to expire.

What should be the course of action so that I can get a proper response and find a position in another country in my company?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I get the vibe that eventhough there are multiple openings in my domain, the people from HR are just not interested!

If nothing works out I would have to submit my resignation as my company has a three month notice period and I don't want my visa to expire.

What should be the course of action so that I can get a proper response and find a position in another country in my company?

You took the proper actions - contacting HR in both locales. Keep being persistent with your local HR rep. Keep trying to schedule a face-to-face meeting to discuss the possibilities.

And if you are on good terms with your immediate boss, you might try enlisting their help again. You might have to put your cards on the table and tell them that you will have to leave the company if you cannot transfer.

Since the only alternative is leaving the company, a good boss who believes you have worked hard and are a valuable asset to the company will help point you in the right direction.

Hopefully your performance to date in the company show them that you are an employee who would be valuable in Canada.

He got me in touch with one of the HRs in Canada. I have given him my profile details and resume, but he doesn't seem to be interested.

Unfortunately, this could be laziness on their part, or you may simply not fit the requirements of a position in Canada at this time.

You will need to be prepared to hand in your notice if time starts to run out.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community