Recruiter contacted me for one position at a company, but I think I'm more qualified for another

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

A recruiter contacted me today about Job A at a particular company. The company is also looking to fill Job B, but the recruiter didn't mention that. The jobs have the same exact title, I'd just be with a different team. I think I'm better suited for Job B.

Question: Should I tell the recruiter to go ahead and submit my info for Job A, while also secretly applying to Job B? Should I tell the recruiter no thanks and apply for Job B myself? Should I ask the recruiter if she can submit my resume for both jobs? Other advice?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Should I tell the b.com/tag/recruiter">recruiter to go ahead and submit my info for Job A, while also secretly applying to Job B?

No, tell the recruiter you are working with that you are more interested in position B. No need for secrets if you are going to work with her, and you may come across as confused by the hiring manager if you apply to multiple openings.

Should I tell the b.com/tag/recruiter">recruiter no b.com/tag/thanks">thanks and apply for Job B myself?

The real question is which route is more likely to get you an interview, using the recruiter or going at it on your own? This will be hard to answer as it will depend upon the relationship the recruiter has with the hiring manager, etc. In general if I have a way to apply directly with the company I do, as using a recruiter cost the company money.

Should I ask the b.com/tag/recruiter">recruiter if she can submit my resume for both jobs?

I am sure you can, but this will get tricky as you should probably pick one and apply for it, otherwise you may come across as unsure as to what you are qualified for.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community