Upper management has been unresponsive to hiring additional help [duplicate]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

This question already has an answer here:

I'm the lead of a department with a workload that requires two people. A year ago management hired an employee who spent half their time in my department and half in another department, but that employee href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/left">left the company about two months ago. For the past half year I've been communicating with my manager as well as HR that the workload is too much for myself and one part-time employee, and now that the part-time employee href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/left">left it is too much for me to take care of on my own. Management has not made any moves to hire another person, full OR part time, and have kept saying they're looking at internal resources to have someone from another department cross-train with me.

I plan to leave the company within the next year (for many reasons) and have been hoping to be able to appropriately train someone to take over when I leave, since I don't want the department to fall to shambles when I go. However, at the rate this is going, I'm afraid that I will resign and they still won't have hired someone, or they'll have hired another part-time employee who simply won't have the time to manage the job. Out of courtesy, should I try to hint that they should really look at hiring a full-time person so that the transition is smooth when I turn in my resignation? Or could that be putting my job in jeopardy in the meantime? (The href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/workplace">workplace is a rather toxic environment with a high turnover rate. I have been here for two years.)

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Your company is obviously not concerned with your work load or financially cannot hire additional help. They also probably don't think you will leave.

I would not drop any hints as to your departure. I would continue to ask for help until either A you get it or B you leave.

You cannot manage your career or worry about what will happen when you leave.

In short do the best you can, continue asking for help because you need it, and when the time comes, leave as you planned.

When you give your notice, do your best to train your replacement and leave with a clean conscience.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community