what to do when there are rumors of firing employees on their increment day

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am working for a company which opened its regional office in my country since last year. I started 11 months ago and I was told by HR that company has bright future and it values its employees by giving them bonuses and market competitive yearly salary href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/increment">increments.

With in 4 months of my joining the technical manager resigned due to clashes with top management, who was later preceded by another manager who has limited technical experience. He then started hiring his past colleagues and started giving them key positions.

I was then working as lead developer on a project and I was promised by new manager that he'll recommend me for team lead position as I had worked from start of this project and I had domain knowledge. But later he added one of his own people in my project who assumed role of team lead.

Now my review is due in one month along with couple of other developers and I over heard manager saying that he's recommending HR to bring new people instead of giving us yearly href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/increment">increment and relieve us from job.

Is it ethically correct ? what should I and other developers do? Should we search for new job and resign from current one(this will be of loss to us as we worked a year for same pay and we were hopping to get reward for our hard work) or should I contact HR who hired us and promised good rewards ?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I have no idea if what they're doing is ethical or legal because you don't state how you're employed but you do what you should always do - hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Get your CV sorted and start paying attention to the job market. You don't need to make any rash moves, but you should be prepared for it to go wrong one day.

Additionally, and please remember this: HR are not your friends or advocates and are not there to protect you. They work for the company and ensure the best interests of the company are met - sometimes they may align (Especially around legal issues) but unless you sincerely believe you could bring a potential legal case then you should be very wary about attempting to pull HR into these kind of disputes.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community