Media queries not working with ie & phones

Mobile Technologies Mobile Computing 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
_x000D_ _x000D_ My website does fit to the screens of different devices but my media query styles are not working. The problem is also visible when resizing the wordpress website in an IE browser and when using a windows phone emulator (via IE 11). I've tried many different methods to fix this problem but so far none have been successful. All my media queries are in my main style.css I've tried: Changing to As per: Responsive web design is working on desktop but not on mobile device Changing @media only screen and (max-width: XXXpx),only screen and (max-device-width: XXXpx) in my style.css to @media all and (max-width: XXXpx),all and (max-device-width: XXXpx) As per: Media Queries not working in Internet Explorer 11 I've just deactivated -all- my plugins, cleared the cache, still unsuccessful. I've also tried validating my website and cleaning up errors as per: Media Query x IE11 I'm completely at a loss and frustrated as this hasn't happen with other websites I've designed and built. I'd appreciate any help I can get with this! Thank you.

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Mobile Computing related to Mobile Technologies. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
_x000D_ This problem has now been solved. After deleting and tweaking files and sifting through support forums for answers, I looked at the stylesheet. It turns out I was missing a closing bracket inside a media query. /Facepalm...

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

Important Mobile Technologies Links

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community