Examples of “High Technology” Monsters/Traps in D&D

General Tech Technology & Software 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Technology & Software related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

In my home-spun campaign, players are about to discover the ruins of an ancient city. Long ago, there was a civilization with an advanced level of technology, which is now dead. I'm thinking of pitting them against the remnants of this civilization: their automated traps, fail-safes, etc. and perhaps some of them really survived ;)

What are some examples of "high-technology" traps and monsters in the D&D universe? I'm thinking clockwork/steampunk/magictech flavor. I was looking in the monster manual of 4.0, and found few creatures that fit this description. Golems maybe, and a couple of automatons. I was thinking of "hand writing" a few basic monsters by just changing the flavor of their attacks, but I'd prefer if there was some existing lore I could use.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Take a look at the Eberron Campaign Setting

Eberron explores the corollary of Clarke's third law (any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic) - that is to say it asserts that sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology. It has a rich story that you can repurpose large swaths of.

Reflavor things, simply

A Whirling Blade Swarm is already a thing, but it's up to you how it came to be, and what drives it. Need a mechanical spider? Use a spider, and add the word "Mechanical" to its name.

Utilize Warforged

The Warforged are an Eberron player race that are, essentially, sentient robots. There's a wonderful backstory for how they came to be, but that's all you need to know if all you care about is the technological aspect.

There are 17 natively Warforged NPCs listed in the DDI compendium, ranging from minion to elite and levels 4-19.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community