JavaCard 3 in real world?

Mobile Technologies Mobile Computing 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
_x000D_ _x000D_ I'm currently working on my diploma work. Part of the work includes development of JavaCard applet for regular SIM cards. First option is to use JavaCard2.X API and use APDU commands to communicate with the applet. This might be very tricky as I need to develop client-app for android (which will be communicate with this applet) and that is so far possible only trough special - not so user friendly - API called Seek-for-android. (if I'm wrong, please correct me) However, I also came across JavaCard3 Connected Edition, which provides much more options - for example web applets. Using webapps, deployed on SIM card and accessing them through browser in mobile device would be very convenient (of course developing such applet would be much easier as well). Problem is, that I can't find any mentions of Javacard3 being used in real life, or even on real SIM cards. I can't even find any mentions of possible date of release of such cards. Actually, there is almost no information on this topic. So, my question is - do you know anything useful about this platform? Anything about real-life usage? Which card supports Javacard3? Are there any developers smart-cards, which are "JC3 enabled"? Will there be SIM cards with this platform in the future? Thanks a lot for answers!!!

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Mobile Computing related to Mobile Technologies. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
_x000D_ At JavaOne 2012 Moscow representatives of the JavaCard Oracle team demonstrated a prototype device with support for Java 3 Connected Edition based on Portable Security Token ES.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

Important Mobile Technologies Links

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community